Paramedics and first responders are critical in the early detection of aortic dissection. As the first point of contact, they frequently see patients at the height of their pain and the condition in its most severe clinical manifestation.
This resource aims to enhance pre-hospital clinicians’ understanding, knowledge, and management of this time-critical condition. These aortic dissection presentations and expert panel discussions explain what aortic dissection is, the importance of first responders and ambulance staff, signs and symptoms, assessment, and management.
Including contributions from:
- East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- West Midlands Ambulance Service
- College of Paramedics National Conference 2021 – Aortic Dissection: The Silent Killer
- The Resus Room – emergency medicine podcast
- GeneralBroadCAST – pre-hospital podcast