In September 2022 we hosted our 2nd national Irish aortic dissection education event in partnership with The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and supported by Artivion.
This free event was CPD accredited to those who attended the day and brought together leading experts in aortic education from across Ireland and the UK. The sessions explored aortic dissection diagnosis and subsequent surgical treatment options through a mixture of lectures, simulation, the patient perspective, wetlabs and expert panel discussion.
Login or register for free access to the session recordings.
- A vision for national aortic dissection pathways
Prof Lars Nölke – Clinical Director CVRRE Directorate, Cardiothoracic and Transplant Surgeon – Mater Misericordiae University Hospital Dublin
- The personal impact of aortic dissection
Mrs Catherine Fowler BCAh – Trustee The Aortic Dissection Charitable Trust
- Pathophysiology of acute dissection and how this affects presentation
Mr Graham Cooper – Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Trustee The Aortic Dissection Charitable Trust
- Comprehensive state-of-the-art imaging of aortic dissection
Prof James Meaney – Consultant Radiologist and Clinical Professor, St James’s Hospital Dublin
- Keynote lecture: Acute type A in the era of hybrid grafts
Prof Aung Oo – Consultant Cardiac and Aortic Surgeon, Clinical Lead for Aortovascular Surgery – St Bartholomew’s Hospital London
- Current status of endovascular management of aortic dissection
Mr Prakash Madhavan – Consultant Vascular Surgeon – St James’s Hospital Dublin
- Training in dissection and aortic surgery in Ireland
Mr Vincent Young – Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Clinical Direct SACC Directorate – St James’s Hospital Dublin
- High Fidelity Simulation in acute aortic dissection – Coming soon
Dr Victoria Meighan – Consultant in Emergency Medicine – Tallaght University Hospital Dublin
Dr John Cronin – Consultant in Emergency Medicine, St Vincent’s University Hospital Dublin
Dr Cathal de Buitleir – Specialist Registrar in Emergency Medicine